Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
*3/4 cup milk
*1/2 cup vegetable oil
*1 egg
*1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour (I do half and half)
*1 cup oatmeal (You can omit the oatmeal and add another cup of flour in place of it)
*1/3 cup sugar
*3 teaspoons baking powder
*1 teaspoon salt
*1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease muffin pan or line with baking cups.
Beat milk, oil, egg and chocolate chips together.
Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, all at once, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
Fill muffin cups with batter
Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
Yields 1 dozen muffins

9 comments:

-Lois- said...

Those sure look delicious! Our cupcakes never come out very good.
So I'll save the recipe and try it sometimes.

Carissa said...

Sorry, Lois, but this is a recipe for muffins not cupcakes.

Carissa

amy said...

The muffins you've made recently have been very good! Nice pictures, too. By the way, I took your blog button =)

Amy

Carissa said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for taking my blog button. Thank you also for fixinig up my blog button. I really like it.

Carissa

Abby said...

Yummy! Looks delicious!

Abigail

p.s. Lois told me to say that she meant muffins not cupcakes :)

Sarah said...

These sound and look so good, Carissa! Thank you for sharing the recipe. :) And from your first photo, it looks like we shop at the same place . . . Aldi! :)

Carissa said...

Sarah,
Yes, we do shop at the same place. Aldi is less then five minutes away form our house.

Abigail,
Thanks for commenting. I really enjoy receiving comments from you.

Carissa

Bethany Joy said...

Mmmm....yummy, yummy. I like your muffins!

Carissa said...

Hi Bethany,

I really like making muffins and am glad that you liked them.

Carissa