Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Ramblings...

Hi All. This post is going to be somewhat random. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I will start working on all of those. Also, I have grown tired of my old look on my blog. I will be working on it over the next couple days. If you have any ideas for my blog please comment and tell me.

Bible Cake

Recently I found this recipe for a Bible Cake. I thought I would share it with you all. Look up the references. Enjoy

3/4 cup Genesis 18:8
1 1/2 cup Jeremiah 6:20
5 Isaiah 10:14 (separated)
3 cups sifted Leviticus 24:5
3 teaspoons 2 Kings 2:20
3 teaspoons Amos 4:5
1 teaspoon Exodus 3:23
1/4 teaspoon each 2 Chronicles 9:9
1/2 cup Judges 4:19
3/4 chopped Genesis 43:11
3/4 cup finely cut Jeremiah 24:5
3/4 cup 2 Samuel 16:1
Whole Genesis 43:11

Cream Genesis 18 with Jeremiah 6. Beat in yolks of Isaiah 10, one at a time. Sift together Leviticus 24; 2 Kings 2; Amos 4; Exodus 30; and 2 Chronicles 9.
Blend into creamed mixture alternately with Judges 4. Beat whites of Isaiah 10 till stiff; fold in. Fold in chopped Genesis 43; Jeremiah 24; and 2 Samuel 16. Turn into 10-inch tube pan that has been greased and dusted with Leviticus 24.
Bake at 325 degrees F until it is golden brown or Gabriel blows his trumpet, whichever happens first. Bake for an hour and ten minutes. Remove from oven. After fifteen minutes, remove it from the pan. Cool completely. Drizzle over it some Burnt Jeremiah Syrup.

Bible Bee Verses

I thought I would share some of my Bible Bee verses with you. Here you go:

Psalm 141:3 - Set a guard o LORD over my mouth, keep watch over the door of my lips.

Proverbs 22:17 - Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise and apply your heart to my knowledge.

John 4:25-26  - The woman said to him, I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ), When he comes he  will tell us all things. Jesus said to her, I who speak to you am he.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our LORD.

Memverse

I wanted to let you all know, my readers, that I have found a very helpful site for Memory work. It is called Memverse. You sign up and then put in your verses you want to memorize. Your interval between reviewing verses gets bigger and bigger as you review it more.

Bible Bee

I have decided that its time for an update on the Bible Bee. It is six weeks and three days until the local competition! I am almost finished with my memory work. Lord willing, I should be finished by July 24th. The Bible Bee is such an encouragement to me mainly because I am memorizing God's Word and I am digging deeper into His Word.

A Prayer Request

Please pray for me that I would not set my mind on winning the Bible Bee but that I would stay focused on doing my best and giving God the glory. What can I be praying for you about (don't put on anything you don't want on the Internet, or if you want to tell me but not have it on the Internet put NNTP [No Need To Publish])?

6 comments:

Natalia said...

Hi, Carissa!

It sounds like Bible Bee is going good for you! Praise the Lord!
As for my drop down menu bars, I found an excellent tutorial here:

http://tutorials.beautydesignstudios.com/2011/04/how-to-create-drop-downaccordiontoggle.html

If you need any help, let me know :)

Carissa said...

Thanks, Natalia.

Payton said...

Hi Carissa! I just wanted to tell you I love all the changes you make to your blog... You have good taste so anything you do will look great I'm sure!

Your friend,
Payton

"In Him I live."

Jireh-Shaddai said...

Thanks for share the Bible Cake, it's so interestingand original!! :) Blessings Charissa, Jireh

Rachel Irene said...

Hello Carissa!
I am Rachel Crosswhite - you may know me from Memverse :)
Praise Jesus that you are so far along in your memorization!!!
By the way - did you get the Bible cake recipe from the feedback section of memverse? I posted it ;)
R

Carissa said...

@Patyon: Glad you like the changes I made.

@Jireh-Shaddai: Yes, the Bible Cake is very interesting.

@Rachel Irene: Hi Rachel Irene! Welcome to my blog. Yes, I remember you from Memverse. Thanks for the comment. Yes, I did get the Bible Cake from you. Hope you didn't mind that I posted it. When Bethany (my sister) first told me about it I was really interested in it. It sounded so intertestering. Once again, welcome to my blog and feel free to come back again.

Carissa