Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Recently I have been doing...

*Memorizing - This year for nationals...as a junior...I have to memorize 400 verses. I have almost completed them and hopefully will have them done by September 27th. A great resource for reviewing verses is Memverse. It is a free website that has helped me review my verses from last year as well as from this year. Click on the link to sign up for free.

*Studying 1 Timothy - The book they chose this year for nationals was 1 Timothy. I am studying it in preparation for the Bible Bee. A few of the different resources I use are: Logos, E-sword, different commentaries, and sermons that are online.

*Algebra  - I have started Algebra 1 and am finding it quite easy. Though I know that as I get more into the book it will get harder.

*Physical Science - I am really enjoy learning about physical science. Something that I have recently been studying in it is humidity. It has been really interesting...even if it is all just review for me. :)

*Piano - The songs I am learning right now are Fur Elise and Canon in D. I had never learned these songs before and so am working on them. They are coming along really well. I am in search for some really good piano music to learn that is hard enough to be a challenge but also something that is not REALLY hard. Have any suggestions?

*Cooking - I have started helping make some of the meals and am really enjoying making  a few meals each week. I haven't made that many meals by myself before and it has been a lot of fun experience!

...and there are the responsibilities around the house that I do each day, and playing with my siblings, and keeping up with letters/emails, spending time with family, etc...

What have you all been up to recently?

No comments: