Skip to main content

I was Awarded and Tagged!

Liebster-Award



I was awarded the Liebster award by Jessica. Thank you Jessica!


What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award given to rising bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Thank You...
I want to thank Jessica for awarding me the Liebster award. I really enjoy reading your blog, Jessica. Press on!
Award Rules:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
3. Pass on the award to 11 new recipients
4. Pose 11 new questions to your bloggers

Now to answer the questions posed by my nominators…

1. What holiday do you cook/bake the most food? Probably Thanksgiving
2. Cookies or Cupcakes? Cookies
3. What is a family recipe that is passed down through generations? Um...I can't think of any right now
4. What is your favorite food to cook/eat? Chicken Enchiladas
5. What is your favorite kitchen tool that you absolutely can't do without? I really like our big mixer
6. When did you start your blog? I started it in November 2010
7. What's your favorite part about the Oreo cookies, the cookie or the cream? The cream
8. Ever had a birthday without a cake? Yes
9. Are you a travel bug? Though I don't travel much I really enjoy it
10. Sweet or Salty? Sweet
11. On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you like cinnamon? 4

I Award:

Eden @ Eden's Evaluations
Elanee @ Elanee's Endeavors
Lauren @ Lulu Belle's Place
Desiree @ Ransomed Princess
Elizabeth @ Joyful Jewels 4 Jesus
Annie @ Daughter of His Grace
Lily @ Lily In His Field
Kaylee @ Written On My Heart
Payton @ Dwelling in the Secret Place
Marie @ Radiant Sunshine 4 Him
Moss Family @ Moss Farm

11 Questions to Those I Award:

1. What is your favorite Bible Verse and why?
2. What is your favorite month and why?
3. Do you like email or letters, why?
4. What is your favorite time in history?
5. Stripes or polka dots?
6. What is your favorite holiday and why?
7. Turkey or Ham?
8. What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
9. When did you start blogging?
10. What is your favorite store to go to?
11. What is your favorite type of weather?

I was tagged by Rachel @ Jewels of Jesus

The Rules:
*Tell 10 random things about yourself or 10 favorite Bible Verses
*Tag 10 people (and make sure they know!)

10 random things about me
1. I am really interested in family history...are any of you, my readers, interested in it as well?
2. I am very introvert
3. I am an avid reader
4. I so like Scotland and Ireland...though I have never been there before :D
5. Piano is the instrument I play and I have been playing since I was 5
6. I really enjoy writing but I am not good at it
7. Missionary biographies are what I have been reading a lot recently...just finished "The Triumph of John and Betty Stam." Great book!
8. I enjoy learning about history...it is just so fascinating!
9. I might...just might be getting my permit in July!!!!
10. Bible Bee is what I do for 6 months of the year and it is amazing!!!!!! 

Well...I am going to break the rules...
Instead of awarding 10 different people I would really like if you, my readers would tell me 10 random things or 10 favorite passages of Scripture in a comment.

Thank you once again Jessica and Rachel!

post signature

Comments

Eden said…
Thanks for awarding me! Do I have a deadline for this?? I'll try to get to it asap!!! :):)
Elanee Smythe said…
Thanks for awarding me Carissa. I'll try to answer the questions within the next week:)
The Moss Farm said…
Thank you, Carissa. We just got internet after being without for over two weeks. Is there a deadline? Hope we can see you at Nationals this year! (If we qualify, that is. :D )
Carissa Rose said…
No, there is not a deadline for this.
@Moss Farm Family: Yes, I really hope to meet you this year at nationals if we both make it :D
Payton said…
Thank you Carissa! I might have to wait a bit on this, but it was sweet of you!
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Craft : : Puzzle Hearts

(Sorry for the poor photo)
So here is a tutorial on how to make these cute puzzle hearts.
Materials *Puzzle with missing pieces *Hot glue gun *Heart template (For the heart template just draw a heart shape the size you want or trace around a heart)
Directions 1. Lay puzzle pieces around the outside edge of the heart template until they all lay nicely with no big gaps 2. Lay another layer of puzzle pieces on top and then glue those pieces on one by one 3. Lay two more layers on top and glue them on as before 4. Paint the heart the color that you want and glue a ribbon to the back...if you are giving it as a gift you can add a little gift tag
Helpful Hints Make sure before you start that nobody wants to put the puzzle together :D When you lay out the layers of puzzle pieces lay them on top of each brick style so that all the pieces are connected and it won't fall apart when you pick it up Have fun!! :D
Please comment and tell me if you try it out :D

2016 National Bible Bee // Pictures

National Bible Bee 2016 was so amazing, so of course I had to take lots of pictures of the week. Unfortunately, because of our internet, I am unable to upload them all...so, I'm going to post a few on here and then give some links at the bottom of the post.















**WARNING** There are lots of pictures in the following links **WARNING**
Group One Group Two Group Three Group Four


2016 National Bible Bee // Lesson #3

This will be the final lesson that I share from my journey in Bible Bee. While I've only shared three lessons, there were so many more that I learned.

So often I get caught up in the future - what will I be doing, where will I live, etc... In my thinking of the future, I miss the present. Life flies by so quickly, and if I spend time wishing for/dreaming about the future, I will lose the present. I'll "wake up" five years from now and regret the time that I threw away.

Every day there are so many little things that we can enjoy and give thanks for. Yet, I so easily lose sight of the present in dreaming about the future. While in Bible Bee, it was so easy to dream about Nationals that I lost study time and time with my family. Then Nationals would come, it'd be over, and I'd look back and think "why did I spend so much time dreaming about Nationals that I let myself lose study time?"

The present days are so precious. Be content with where you are. Do…