Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Godly Man's Picture :: Some Quotes

The other day I started reading "The Godly Man's Picture" by Thomas Watson. It is one of the Puritan Paperbacks and a wonderful book. Here's a few quotes from this great book:

"When the Lord pardons a sinner, He does not pay a debt, but gives a legacy."
"A man has no more power to change himself than to create himself."
"He who has only a painted heaven shall have only a painted happiness."
"Many take Christ as Jesus, but refuse Him as Lord."


And, on a side note, Happy 1st day of October!!!
post signature

5 comments:

S.F. said...

Happy October to you as well! My sister helped me get a blog today. :)You're more than welcome to visit!
~ S. F.

Carissa Rose said...

I'll definitely visit! Thanks for letting me know!! :)

Carissa Rose said...

I added your blog to my blog list :)

S.F. said...

You're welcome and thank you for adding me to your blog list!!
I love your new profile picture.:)

Bekah said...

Hi Carissa Rose,

I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award on my blog: http://hisprincessbekah.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-sunshine-award.html

God bless!
His Princess,
Bekah