Tuesday, May 26, 2015

More Love to Thee

More love to thee, O Christ, more love to thee! 
Hear thou the prayer I make on bended knee. 
This is my earnest plea: More love, O Christ, to thee; 
more love to thee, more love to thee!


Once earthly joy I craved, sought peace and rest; 
now thee alone I seek, give what is best. 
This all my prayer shall be: More love, O Christ, to thee; 
more love to thee, more love to thee!


Let sorrow do its work, come grief and pain; 
sweet are thy messengers, sweet their refrain, 
when they can sing with me: More love, O Christ, to thee; 
more love to thee, more love to thee!


Then shall my latest breath whisper thy praise; 
this be the parting cry my heart shall raise; 
this still its prayer shall be: More love, O Christ, to thee; 
more love to thee, more love to thee!

--Elizabeth Prentiss


2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, you've really changed how the blog looks! It's nice, though I think I prefer it the other way.

Elizabeth Lindsay said...

Ah, I LOVE that song so much! Especially singing it with the choir at the ATI Conference in Nashville.