Friday, December 2, 2016

2016 National Bible Bee // A Post for Contestants

The past three posts have been lessons that I have learned through competing in the National Bible Bee, but those lessons apply to all of life. In this post I want to share some lessons with those of you who are still contestants, as you continue participating in the National Bible Bee.

This was my last year to compete and one of my goals was to study without regrets. I wanted to study in such a way that when I thought back over my last year, I wouldn't regret how I studied. I didn't want to look back and regret that I didn't study more, or didn't study this aspect, etc, etc... When you study, keep that in mind. When you feel unmotivated or you want to do something else, but you know you should be reviewing verses, keep pressing on so that when you look back you won't have regrets about wasted time, etc...

When I found out that I had qualified for Nationals, I laid out my schedule for each day - what to study, when to study, when to memorize/review, etc... Throughout the few months though, things came up and I wasn't able to follow my schedule exactly. I could easily get frustrated and think "why can't I just stick with my schedule?!", but I learned something through that - Prepare for the unexpected. Things will come up and you won't be able to study for an hour here, or a day there. So don't waste the little moments of time, instead use them in preparation for those times when you can't study.

It's easy to get worn down by how much time you have to spend preparing for Nationals and how much material you have to know, but keep pressing on! Remember that you are doing it to glorify God and His Son. Jesus is the true prize of the National Bible Bee. Don't lose motivation. Don't give up. Keep running hard. Keep pressing on. Keep glorifying Christ in all that you do.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn K. said...

Tag you're it!!
The Liebster Award:
http://akansasfarmersdaughter.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-liebster-award.html